About Us

My photo
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Brian & Deya met in Vancouver Canada. After a few years together we were married and made choices. One was not to have children the other was not to take life for granted. The rest is yet to come.

September 16, 2010

Newfoundland

I’m thankful that Newfoundland is a rugged and beautiful place. The people here, when not driving, are fantastic and friendly. I’m thankful to Hurricane Earl for not killing us, only damaging our tent and knocking trees down all around us. I’m thankful to Mr. Knott for putting us up, feeding us breakfast and showing us the facility he works at.

I am thankful for the good people who invited us to stay even though we couldn’t make it there. I am really grateful that we got to meet, on both ferries, the group of ATV riders that we hope to spend some time with.

Newfoundland was good to us and so I’m mentioning the good stuff about Newfoundland. It is a place worth going and I hope to go back some time. This time however we cut our trip a week short and didn’t visit most of the important points on the Island. I won’t go into why just to say that it wasn’t our time and Newfoundland is as beautiful as they say it is.

1 comment:

  1. These words were so real to me when you left today, I miss you two, wouldn't we all like a friend like this..

    I'VE A FRIEND

    I've a friend who meets my every need,
    Who hath joy and satisfaction brought,
    One who doth my soul and spirit feed,
    And who turns my tempter's wiles to naught.

    chorus
    Create in me more love for Thee;
    Thy friendship let me value more and more.
    O help me show to all below
    That I am Thine forevermore.

    For His sake I chose the pilgrim way,
    Fixed my heart on things that are unseen,
    From this world's allurements turned away;
    Now my heart He maketh pure and clean.

    Oh, this Friend is mine while life doth last;
    As I near the end He'll dearer be.
    Trustingly my all on Him I cast -
    Mine today and mine eternally.
    Archie

    ReplyDelete