About Us

My photo
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Brian & Deya met in Vancouver Canada. After a few years together we were married and made choices. One was not to have children the other was not to take life for granted. The rest is yet to come.

September 25, 2010

Some one once asked us...

I didn’t leave all the comforts of home and the security of a job and familiar places for this. I thought for sure we would be wild eyed, banging around corners, half starved and fist fighting drunk campers in the bushes. Instead we’re having a grand experience, a good time and gaining a rather unsuspecting prize.

Some one once asked us, “What has been the best part of your trip so far?” and without even discussing it Deya and I both answered, “Spending time with people”. There are so many good people to spend time with, yet so little time to spend. It’s ironic really but not sad because what I’ve found was unexpected and what’s unexpected and good seems a lot like a prize. I can say that I wished I could spend a lot more time with old friends and new but the reality doesn’t mesh up and I think I get that.

At the end of the day the people we met (and you know who you are) leave a lasting impression. The best that I can do, really, is hope for every ones health and success and try my hardest to be available when they need someone. Apart of that is to succeed in what I’m doing now and what I plan to do in the future and if I’m sharp enough I’ll have the mind to share it. I never started this journey looking for something much more than a big ride but I feel like I’m finding something a little bigger than expected.

“The journey is long but the friends are great!” I’ll sometimes sign. And when the wind is light, the sun in full shine and the bike on a medium angle at pace the world is right. And if the world is right then no foul can come over it. For the rider is right and the adventure awaits. And then we were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment