About Us

My photo
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Brian & Deya met in Vancouver Canada. After a few years together we were married and made choices. One was not to have children the other was not to take life for granted. The rest is yet to come.

July 09, 2012

The Ride

P8100052

The road is my Ally

It provides that which I need

It reminds me that this challenge too will pass

That I am not defined by the struggle

That I am refined by it

I sweat and I shiver

In my helmet I am alone

I am accompanied by all

I am one

The air refreshes me and I am strong

I puke and shrivel with doubt and pain

The route provides

Not what I want but what I need

In the darkness of my mind a light shines

And I sing

“Beautiful”

-Brian Archimedes M.D.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous09 July, 2012

    Nicely done, Brian. I bet this rings true for most riders.

    ReplyDelete